Dear Valued Customer,
This notice serves to state Emart Supermarket (Emart) personal data protection policy and how it will make use of your personal data.
Emart collects the Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly provided by you,
- Phone calls,
- In application/contests/other related forms such as application form and enquiry form or agreements,
- Submitting your personal details through Emart's online channels such as Emart websites, Facebook account, etc.
We may use your personal information provided to:
- Verify your identity.
- Assist you when you register with Emart - process your enquiry or application in order to provide you with the appropriate service/product, and to complete the transaction.
- Keep your data in our records for examination, administration, employment, provision of any products and services to Emart or to provide you with follow-up - services or actions required for which your personal information was provided to Emart.
- Conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the products and services for further improvement.
- Where applicable, for your contest participation and prize-giving purposes including but not limited to identification, verification of participation, eligibility to participate, sending/collection of prizes etc.
- Update you of the company's latest updates, special rewards and/or any product launch in respect of the product and services.
- You are responsible to provide accurate information on a timely basis. Emart cannot establish whether your personal data is correct unless you notify us on the changes.
DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
By registering with Emart, subscribing or continuing to use its services, you are aware that your personal information is being processed, and used in accordance with the terms of our Privacy and Data Protection Policy 2010 (Act 709). In the event you do not agree or do not consent to the terms as contained herein, then Emart will not be able to provide the products and services to you.
Emart is committed in ensuring that your privacy is protected and Emart will treat your personal data as confidential, and it will be used only for Emart's intended purposes. Such information may only be disclosed to authorised personnel within or outside Emart who has the right to receive or process such information. Emart may also be obligated by law to provide necessary information to the government authorities.
Emart reserves the right to amend this notice from time to time. Any updated version is available on this page, you may visit this website to get the latest information on the notice periodically.
Thank you for your support.
from the Management of
Emart Holdings Sdn Bhd